Australia is one of the world’s most popular travel destinations. It is a great place to visit with your loved ones and make wonderful memories. Moreover, traveling is very important, as it gives you a break from your daily life. However, making a travel plan to Australia comes with many responsibilities and preparations. Even if you do everything right, any unforeseen incident can ruin your entire plan. This is where overseas travel insurance comes in the picture. This insurance policy offers covers for travel and medical emergencies, any legal expense towards third-party liability, and various other costs. Therefore, it is important that you buy a travel insurance policy before your international trip.
How to get an overseas travel insurance plan?
To buy travel insurance for Australia, firstly, you have to decide on the most suitable insurance provider. You can then provide the insurer with your personal information, which must match with your passport. You must also provide information regarding your travel plan and contact details. Here is the procedure to apply:
- Visit the website of your insurer and find the ‘Travel Insurance’ option
- Go to the ‘Travel Insurance’ page wherein you need to fill details about your travel destination, travel date, personal information, type of trip, and contact details
- Choose an insurance plan from the provided options
- Submit the application form
Insurance companies also offer easy renewal options when your existing travel insurance cover expires. You can complete the entire process online.
Benefits of overseas travel insurance
Taking care of yourself and your valuables is extremely important when you are traveling to Australia. An international travel insurance policy offers various benefits. Here is a list of a few benefits that are commonly offered by reputed insurance providers:
- Coverage for any expenses regarding medical emergencies when traveling
- Reimbursement of expenses in case of loss of passport or any other mandatory travel-related documents
- Compensation in case of loss of luggage
- Coverage of any non-refundable expenses that you have to pay if your trip is canceled due to a medical emergency, natural disaster, or employment-related issues
- Financial assistance in case of a personal accident, emergency accommodation, bodily injuries caused to a third-party, flight hijack, and damage or loss of things at your home in India
Exclusions of an overseas travel insurance policy
An overseas travel insurance plan comes with a few exclusions. Here a few important ones that you must know about:
- Any cosmetic surgery that is done overseas
- Medical emergency due to self-inflicted injury
- Travels to participate in a war, if you are some military personnel
- Injury or death caused by participation in risky sports
- Experimental treatments; only allopathic treatments are covered in the insurance plan
- Medical treatments that do not require immediate attention
You need to read the insurance policy offerings carefully before finalizing on the travel insurance for Australia from a reliable insurance provider.